Enjay Debt Management is fully committed to respecting your right to access personal information that is held about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) (references to the DPA shall include, to the extent applicable, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
What is a subject access request?
A subject access request (SAR) is a request you can make to find out what personal information (data) we hold about you.
What information can I ask for?
You are entitled to a copy of all information held about you and to be:
- told whether any personal data is being processed;
- given a description of the personal data, the reasons it is being processed and whether it will be given to any other organisations or people;
- given a copy of your personal data; and
- given details of the source of the data (where this is available).
You are only entitled to your own personal data, and not to information relating to other people unless you are acting on behalf of that person. In these circumstances, written consent will be required.
How to make a request
The request must be made in writing by post or email.
The Data Protection Officer
Enjay Debt Management
Hall Farm Nursery
You can complete the SAR request form to make your request and to ensure we receive all of the relevant information and documentation.
In order to make a valid SAR request the following information must be provided.
- Name, address, date of birth, any previous addresses.
- Proof of identity – 2 forms of identification will be required. 1 form of identification (For example, driving licence, passport or birth certificate) and the other a form of address verification dated in the last 3 months (please refer to the SAR request form).
- Representative details – only applicable if you are applying for an SAR on behalf of someone else.
Enjay Debt Management will comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible, but will ensure that the information is provided within one month, as required by the Data Protection Act.
Is there a fee?
There is no fee for a SAR. However, we can charge a ‘reasonable’ fee when a request is unfounded or excessive or particularly repetitive.
What happens if some of the information we hold is incorrect?
You are entitled to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We will respond to any requests for rectification within one month. This can be extended to two months where the request for rectification is complex. If we decide not to take any action to rectify the data we will explain why to you and inform you of your right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You also have a right to request deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed.
- When you withdraw your consent.
- When you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing to process it.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed.
- The data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
For further information please refer to our Data Protection Policy.
What other rights do I have in relation to my data?
The right to data portability
The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
The right to data portability only applies to personal data you have provided to Enjay Debt Management; where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract; and when processing is carried out by automated means.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise your right to data portability.
The right to object
You have the right to object to:
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest or exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics. This does not apply to Enjay Debt Management with the exception of direct marketing as detailed below.
Permission will be obtained when the contact details are provided together with details of how your details will be processed.
Enjay Debt Management must stop processing personal data for direct marketing purposes as soon as it receives an objection from you. There are no exemptions or grounds to refuse. The request must be dealt with immediately and will be free of charge.
What do I do if I want to complain?
If you are unhappy with the way the SAR has been handled you can make a formal complaint. Please refer to our Complaints Policy
If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint after following our process then you can lodge a complaint with the ICO who will investigate the matter.
For more information on data protection and SAR’s please visit www.ico.org